The purpose of the qualification is to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to support learners who are working as team leaders, section leaders, floor managers, help desk managers, trainee supervisors, team co-ordinators or other team leader positions. Tasks undertaken in these job roles may include planning, allocating and monitoring the work of the team, giving feedback, briefing teams, supporting team members, managing conflict, resolving problems, obtaining supplies, project management, agreeing to budgets and managing and improving customer service.
To achieve the TQUK Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading (RQF), learners must achieve a minimum of 40 credits: 22 credits from mandatory units and 18 credits from optional units
- Manage personal performance and development
- Communicate work related information
- Lead and manage a team
- Principles of team leading
- Understand business
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Manage team performance
- Manage individuals’ performance
- Encourage innovation
- Manage conflict within a team
- Procure products and/or services
- Collaborate with other departments
- Health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Deliver customer service
- Understand customers
- Resolve customer service problems
- Negotiate in a business environment
- Resolve customers’ complaints
There are no specific entry requirements however learners should have a minimum of level one in literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
Face to Face Learning – £1,195 + VAT
Face to Face learning takes a traditional approach to learning where our students will be attending regular taught sessions at an MKNCC Campus.
Distance Learning – £595 + VAT
Distance Learning puts you in the driving seat, it gives you ultimate flexibility allowing you to manage your learning journey using our extensive online resources.
The course is assessed through practical engagement, including, facilitation of learning in groups, giving feedback, identifying individual learning needs and facilitating learning by demonstration and one to one instruction. In order to qualify for the certificate Coaching participants must:
- Fully attend and complete the programme
- Demonstrate their coaching skills during the programme to a satisfactory level as specified by the lead facilitator