The TQUK Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is suitable for teachers, trainers and tutors working in further education, adult and community learning or work-based training within public, private, voluntary or community organisations. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including planning and developing schemes of work and developing teaching and learning strategies.
Learners must be willing to undertake an initial assessment of their skills in English, mathematics and ICT, record their development needs and follow an action plan.
Learners must achieve a minimum of 120 credits from two unit groups. Learners must achieve a minimum of 61 credits at Level 5.
Learners must achieve a minimum of 75 credits from Group A
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Wider professional practice in education and training
Then a minimum of 45 credits from Group B
- Develop and prepare resources for learning and development
- Develop learning and development programmes
- Effective partnership working in the teaching and learning context
- Equality and diversity
- Evaluating learning programmes
- Inclusive practice
- Internally assure the quality of assessment
- Manage learning and development in groups
- Managing behaviours in a learning environment
- Understanding and managing behaviours in a learning environment
- Understanding the principles and practices of externally assuring the quality of assessment
- Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment
There are no specific entry requirements and learners do not need to have teaching practice hours to achieve the qualification.
There is no requirement for learners to complete the Level 3 Award in Education and Training prior to commencing this qualification. However, if a learner has achieved the level 3 unit: “Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training”, they will not have to take this unit as part of the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training. Evidence must be produced by the learner in the form of a recognised certificate to prove his/her achievement, and centres should maintain a copy.
The total qualification time for this qualification is 1200 hours.
There are 360 Guided Learning Hours which are made up of real-time contact time, guidance or supervision by a tutor or trainer.
Face to Face Learning – £5495 + VAT
Face to Face learning takes a traditional approach to learning where our students will be attending regular taught sessions at an MKNCC Campus.
Blended Learning – £2750 + VAT
The Blended learning route offers students a hybrid which combines our state of the art distance learning platform with intensive workshops.
Distance Learning – £2195 + VAT
Distance Learning puts you in the driving seat, it gives you ultimate flexibility allowing you to manage your learning journey using our extensive online resources.
Learners are expected to complete this qualification between 6 and 8 months.
The qualification is assessed by internally set and marked assessments subject to external quality assurance. Where indicated in the unit specifications, the assessment must meet the requirements of the identified assessment strategy/principles. All learning outcomes must be met to achieve a pass.