The TQUK Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is suitable for individuals who want a qualification that focuses on practical teaching and prefer a wide choice of optional units. Learners may already be teaching and wish to have their experience and practice accredited, or not presently teaching but capable of meeting the minimum teaching practice requirement of 30 hours.
Learners must achieve a minimum of 36 credits from two unit groups. Learners must achieve a minimum of 21 credits at Level 4 or above and tis a requirement for a minimum of 30 hours of practice.
Learners must achieve a minimum of 21 credits from Group A
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Using resources for education and training
Then a minimum of 15 credits from Group B
- Develop and prepare resources for learning and development
- Develop learning and development programmes
- Effective partnership working in the teaching and learning context
- Engage learners in the learning and development process
- Engage with employers to develop and support learning provision
- Engage with employers to facilitate workforce development
- Equality and Diversity
- Evaluating learning programme
- Identify individual learning and development needs
- Inclusive practice
- Internally assure the quality of assessment
- Manage learning and development in groups
- Understanding and managing behaviours in a learning environment
There are no specific entry requirements and learners do not need to have teaching practice hours to achieve the qualification.
There is no requirement for learners to complete the Level 3 Award in Education and Training prior to commencing this qualification. However, if a learner has achieved the level 3 unit: “Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training”, they will not have to take this unit as part of the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training. Evidence must be produced by the learner in the form of a recognised certificate to prove his/her achievement, and centres should maintain a copy.
The total qualification time for this qualification is 360 hours.
There are 140 Guided Learning Hours which are made up of real-time contact time, guidance or supervision by a tutor or trainer.
Face to Face Learning – £4995 + VAT
Face to Face learning takes a traditional approach to learning where our students will be attending regular taught sessions at an MKNCC Campus.
Blended Learning – £2495 + VAT
The Blended learning route offers students a hybrid which combines our state of the art distance learning platform with intensive workshops.
Distance Learning – £1995 + VAT
Distance Learning puts you in the driving seat, it gives you ultimate flexibility allowing you to manage your learning journey using our extensive online resources.
Learners are expected to complete this qualification between 6 to 8 months.
The qualification is assessed by internally set and marked assessments subject to external quality assurance. Where indicated in the unit specifications, the assessment must meet the requirements of the identified assessment strategy/principles. All learning outcomes must be met to achieve a pass.