Introductory Certificate in Training and Development
The course will provide trainers with the basic skills and knowledge needed to design, deliver and evaluate their own training sessions. Emphasis will be on developing interactive training techniques to engage and stimulate the learners. Participants will be given the opportunity to practice and develop their skills in a supportive environment with individual feedback. The certificate will enable those employed in training, assessment or vocational education to gain entry into the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning as an Associate Member. The programme will enable individuals to assemble and deliver sound, confident, and effective training sessions/events. It will provide a solid foundation from which individuals may progress onto specialist trainer and learning and development programmes.
Completion will provide entry into the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning as a full Member.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify factors affecting the learning process including the implications of their own learning style
- Write learning aims and objectives in accordance with best practice
- Instruct on a one to one or small group basis using appropriate demonstration and constructive feedback skills
- Facilitate a group training session which uses activities such as role play, simulation or group discussion
- Assess and evaluate immediate learning.
There are no specific entry requirements and learners do not need to have teaching practice hours to achieve the qualification.
There is no requirement for learners to complete the Level 3 Award in Education and Training prior to commencing this qualification. However, if a learner has achieved the level 3 unit: “Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training”, they will not have to take this unit as part of the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training. Evidence must be produced by the learner in the form of a recognised certificate to prove his/her achievement, and centres should maintain a copy.
£995 + VAT
Your fee includes:
- Registration and certification
- Comprehensive course notes and supplementary learning resources
- Marking & moderation
- First-year Membership of the Institute
Full-time: two-day teaching block (including assessment)
Please enquire about blended and or distance learning for this course if this is something you’re interested in completing.
The course is assessed through practical engagement, including, facilitation of learning in groups, giving feedback, identifying individual learning needs and facilitating learning by demonstration and one to one instruction. In order to qualify for the certificate, participants must:
- Fully attend and complete the programme
- Demonstrate their coaching skills during the programme to a satisfactory level as specified by the lead facilitator